Skip to main content

American Symbols for Kindergarten Day 1

This week in Social Studies we are studying America's symbols which coincides nicely with election day and our science unit on birds. Day 1 we learned about the stars and stripes, our flag. Dottie counted the stars and each color of stripes. We talked about what they represent and said the pledge of allegiance- which she ended in "so that I may not sin against God." (maybe a little confused with the pledge to the Bible, thanks vbs and awana)Cracked me up anyway :)....Dottie made a replica flag and stamped fifty stars into place. (I put tiny dots where she was to stamp. I learned this lesson the hard way when I taught Duke's kindergarten class and there was alot of confusion counting and recounting.) She found and colored our state on a map of fifty states.She also made a bald eagle and started on a book, where a bald eagle is sight seeing across America and sees the patriotic symbols. We also studied voting and elections because Tuesday is election day!

Fifty Stars

I pledge Allegiance

I found Texas!

The new Betsy Ross!

Eagles sees our flag!

7 red stripes and 6 white stripes