This week our focus numbers have been, 15 - 18 so far. Since the teen numbers are the trickiest for students to learn, we have really focused on recognizing the numbers out of order, and then being able to put them in the correct order. This weeks workstations included:
#15 Snake Bingo 1-15
I wrote the numbers 1-15 out of order on the snake's dots. As I randomly called the numbers out loud she used a Bingo dabber to dab the numbers giving the snake an unique design.
 |
| Dab that number |
 |
| A "Dottie" Snake |
#16 Snake with brads 1-16
In this workstation , Dottie and I cut out 16 ovals with numbers in them. She traced the numbers and put them in order with brads.
 |
| Putting them in order |
 |
| All Done! |
#17 Seventeen Rattles
In this workstation we strung 17 apple jacks on a piece of yarn and attached them to a paper snake.
 |
| Stringing them |
 |
| Looking good! |
 |
| Watch out! |
#18 Sticky toed Lizard
In this workstation I took a cut out of a lizard and cut so it would have just 18 toes. Then I removed the backs of photo adhesive squares and stuck them to each toe. I then wrote the numbers 1-18 on the tops of the squares. I gave the lizard to Dottie and like in Bingo, I called numbers out randomly. When a number was called she peeled that top off revealing a very sticky toe. Super fun!
 |
| Lizard and stickies |
 |
| Removing the numbers |
 |
| Very Sticky Toes! |